Debjani at Firshill Primary School assembly
We loved your work with our school assembly and with my class and those of colleagues around performance poetry, tongue twisters,
bilingual nursery rhymes and storytelling. It is excellent for our children to meet such a talented author.
Our school prides itself on multicultural work and our India Project has also greatly benefitted
from the focus on rangoli patterns, yoga, sari wearing, Indian festivals, games and food. The children were fascinated to see your books and many interesting posters and artefacts of Indian interest, as you can tell from their correspondence with you. You
were a huge success in our school. We especially appreciated your dedication, flexibility and helpful nature.
Patrick Scotton, Year 2 Teacher, Thorpe Hesley Infant & Primary School, Rotherham
Many thanks for recently visiting us.It was an
interesting day for our children who gained a broader understanding of the Hindu faith after hearing you talk and answer some of their questions. The children enjoyed practising the Hindu greeting, looking at the books, artefacts and posters that you brought
along and smelling the wonderful sandalwood incense sticks. They especially enjoyed hearing the story about Hanuman, The Monkey King! Your visit had more than an R.E focus as it extended into other curriculum areas – the poetry, stories, yoga and sari
demonstration enhanced the children’s learning in English, PE and Geography. The whole school assembly that you delivered meant that our Y1 children and even Foundation Stage were able to benefit from the time you spent in our school!
Lesley Barker, Year 2 Teacher & RE Co-ordinator, Stannington Infant School, Sheffield
EXAMPLES OF PAST AUTHOR VISITS
* Chinese & Indian stories at Weston Park Museum, Sheffield
* World Book Day Week at primary & secondary
schools in Lancashire, Yorkshire & South Wales
* Visit to Matthew Arnold Primary, Toxteth, Liverpool for 'Tropical Tales'
* Visit to the Liverpool School of Tropical
Medicine for 'Tropical Tales'
* Storytelling & art workshop at Weston Park Museum, Sheffield
* Storytelling at Victoria Methodist Church, Stafford Rd., Sheffield
* Visit to York St John University for the launch of Journeys & Places
* Cultural Diversity Week at Hayfield Primary, Peak District
* National Poetry Week at St George's College, Weybridge,
and Southbank International School, London
* Off-the-Shelf Festival visit to Tinsley Library, Sheffield
* Visit to Stannington Infant School, Sheffield